Saturday, March 5, 2011

I can't believe it not couscous!

So last week I went to lunch at my friends house and he told me to bring one of my healthy vegan things. I told my friend I would bring cauliflower. So made "couscous"... I decided to try an experiment on the ten people who I was eating with... I put the "couscous" on the table and just let people believe it was "couscous" and I when I saw that everyone had tried some I wanted to see if people realized what it actually was so I asked if someone could please pass me the cauliflower, of course the response was "there is no cauliflower" MISSION COMPLETE! 

I explained the the table that I am a raw vegan and the food I brought was actually made of raw vegetables- not processed flour, so the "couscous" was actually made of cauliflower!

Of course the girls loved it and since they couldn't taste the difference between this and real couscous they guzzled down the carbless goodness.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cauliflower
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1 Tomato (cubed)
1 cucumber (cubed)

Put the cauliflower in the food processor (or if you don't have one use a knife and fork to chip the shiz out of it) and it is ready when it looks like small piece of couscous.... add the rest of the ingredients- mix and serve!

By the way I love middle eastern food so more recipes to come!

Stay healthy,
REL



1 comment:

  1. yayyyy something new i can make! man i was getting bored of eating tinned tuna and boiled eggs...
    =)

    ReplyDelete